Saturday, April 28, 2012

And now for something completely different...



The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!

Sometimes things don't go the way you planned. Above is the scene I found having opened the kiln containing my furnace-glass chunks on Wednesday afternoon. I can't entirely say I didn't see this coming. When closed I latches on the kiln doors two weeks ago, I felt a distinct wave of dread wash over me. It also didn't help that two days later, I got a voicemail on saturday morning letting me know that there was the very real possibility that the kiln may  have been off for 12 hours the previous evening (the three surrounding kilns had all malfunction. I knew, deep in my cockles and sub-cockles, my glass was doomed.

It happens, glass breaks.. You shed a single tear and move on to what next. Hopefully you can maintain some perspective and realize that failure can be a constructive mode of learning. In this case, I was reminded that somethings are simply out of my hands.

But I have to say, this one still smarts.

2 comments:

essay best said...

This is so true. Taking failure as a medium of learning is what will help us grow. Every one fails at something but those who learn from it succeed.

writing tips said...

This post truly made my day. You can’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks
cheap-Dissertation writing service